Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Recipe of the Day - Grape "Granita"

Original Recipe - Pg 196 & 197 of The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook
2 cups seedless grapes, frozen (red and black grapes make this pretty)
2 tsp honey

Place the grapes and honey in a food processor fitted with a chopping blade.  Process, scraping down the bowl of the processor if necessary, until the grapes are very finely chopped and mostly smooth in texture.  Divide between 2 chilled martini glasses or dessert bowls and serve.

Makes 2 (generous 3/4 cup) servings

Per Serving: 135 calories, 1 g protein, 27 g carbohydrates, less than 1 g fat (trace saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 3 mg sodium

My Version
I basically just didn't measure, otherwise I did everything the same as the recipe.  However I highly recommend measuring the honey at least.  It was ok, but I wasn't crazy about the combination of honey and grapes, but I'm not a huge honey fan anyway.  I may completely forego the honey next time and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment