Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal

This was not a recipe in any cookbook, but came straight out of my head.  I don't buy my kids instant flavored oatmeal for the simple fact that to get it to taste good there is sooooo much crap added to it.  So I buy the plain old fashioned oats (think the big Quaker can).  I've mixed in brown sugar before, but today I was looking for something different.  This fabulous invention of a recipe kills two birds with one stone.

Old Fashioned Oatmeal
Raisins
Cinnamon
Unsweetened Applesauce

Cook the oatmeal as directed on the can adding a generous amount of cinnamon about half way through cooking time.  Seperate in to bowls, top is COLD unsweetened applesauce and raisins.  If you mix it all together it creates a yummy breakfast treat the kids love AND you don't have to wait for it to cool, because the applesauce does that for you....BONUS!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment