Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Oops, but YUM! Tropical Sloppy Joes

Last night as I was eating my bunless sloppy joes and pineapple rings, an amazing thing happened.  The pineapple juice was leaking it's way in to my sloppy joe meat, but it was soooooooo yummy!!!!  So here's the next recipe I want ya'll to try!!  Now TRUST me on this, it's soooooo good!

Tropical Sloppy Joes

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (or whatever meat you prefer)
1/2 C or so of Ketchup
4 Tbsp or so ofYellow Mustard (honey mustard is pretty yummy too)
2 Tbsp or so of Vinegar
Couple handfuls of brown sugar (light or dark, I prefer dark and more rather than less)
Pineapple (rings, tidbits, chunks, whatever you have...crushed may even work ok)

Directions:
Brown ground meat.
Add in other ingredients.  Mix WELL!  Taste....too mustard-y or vinegar-y = add more brown sugar.  Too ketchup-y = add just a TOUCH more mustard and vinegar and taste again.  Keep tasting until you have reached the combination you love.
Now comes the fun part!! 
Top your sloppy joe with pineapple....a ring works best if you are using bread.  Otherwise any of the other varieties should work bunless or not.
Enjoy!!

I'd love to hear what you guys think of this one!!  It was totally an accident (as are most of my recipe), but I personally loved it!

4 comments:

  1. I will totally try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think Aaron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it says aaron but its actually me (sam)LOL
    So i made this tonight and will probably never buy manwich again!!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I DESPISE Manwich! Sooooo glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete